Updapy is a free online service to be notified when updates for your favorite apps are available.
The service is easy to use:
- Follow the applications you want, a bit like on Twitter
- Personalize your updates by choosing your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and language (English or French)
- Decide the way you get notified.
You can choose to be notified:
- By receiving email alerts (for each update or a weekly digest email)
- By subscribing to your RSS feed
- Directly on your dashboard.
By default, an email is sent for each update. Personally, I advise you to use your RSS feed to avoid receiving emails and it will give you a good summary (an access to the latest 50 notifications).
If your favorite app is missing, you can make a request. Unless there is a compatibility issue with the system, it usually takes a day or two before the app is added. At the beginning thirty applications were available, today there are a hundred. You can take a look at the list of applications supported by Updapy.
Updapy becomes your centralized and dedicated space to download the latest versions of your favorite software. This can be useful, for example, after you format your hardrive or when you purchase a new PC.
Finally, like the title suggests, Updapy is only aiming at Windows users as this OS does not include an automated updates system… Otherwise, you can always switch to Linux or Mac if it is not already done!