Today, there are a lot of different browsers, but I have to speak about Maxthon, an Internet Explorer-based browser.
I discovered it very briefly at a JUG in Brussels. A new version has been released yesterday: Maxthon Cloud Browser 4. That’s the good time to try it.
After spending some hours on it, I have to admit I am very surprised… positively!
Maxthon includes many features, here are some screenshots:
- Synchronization in the cloud (bookmarks, extensions, passwords…)
- Private browsing
- Popup blocker and statistical tools (CPU usage, download/upload speed, current zoom page…)
- Snapshot tool (save all the page as an image or a specific region)
- Reader mode
- Night mode (light gray font on black screen – can be customized)
- Split screen (that’s my favorite!)
- Mouse gesture (go back, close a tab…)
Some additional screens:
Ok, Firefox can do it using several extensions (I am not sure about the split feature) but it tends to be very slow when installing too many extensions. Chrome is still faster and simple, but Maxthon provides lot of features very well integrated and easily customizable. I advice you to take a look and make your own opinion. By the way, if you are using IE, you have no excuses!